8 Crafty Father’s Day Gifts
by Audrey Ferriol on Jun 17, 2021
Father’s Day is right around the corner and, in the middle of this pandemic, it’s a little tougher to get your dad that perfect gift. Well, the R2R team has your back with these easy DIY Father’s Day gifts! Who said you had to break the bank to get your dad a great gift?
We’ve compiled this guide of easy crafts you can do right in the comfort of your own home with ready materials found around the house to help make your dad feel extra special this Father’s Day. It’s time to unleash that artistic side!
R2R WEAVE FROM HOME KIT
Make a beautiful woven pouch for your dad this Father’s Day with R2R’s Weave From Home Kit! There’s something so heartwarming and extra special about receiving a gift that you know was made for you, especially if it's from scratch. With our complete kit and accompanying guide, this will be a fun and sweet project for you and, ultimately, for your dad!
Shop the Weave From Home Kit here.
Who doesn’t love a good bargain? It's even better if it means spending time with one of your favorite people! With these DIY coupons, give your dad the chance to redeem a movie night, a massage, or even something as simple as a big hug from their favorite child––that’s you!
- Pencils, pens, or markers
- Paper (you can even use scratch paper!)
- Twine, string, or old ribbon (optional)
- Divide your paper according to the guide (you can fold or draw lines); then cut them out to make your coupons
- Now that you have your coupons, you can write down actions or gifts your dad can trade them in for and design them as you like
- Once you’re done writing all the actions and/or gifts on the coupons, compile them together: you can either punch a hole and tie the coupons together with a string, or simply staple them together
Take a walk down memory lane with this gift box featuring a favorite photo of you and your dad. You can even include other more nostalgic things, like some of his favorite childhood snacks! With a little bit of care and a handful of ribbon, turn any old box or container into a great Father’s Day gift.
- A clean box (or container)
- Food or other Items
- Ribbon or string
- A picture of you together (optional)
- Prepare your clean box or container; you may also choose to personalize it more by decorating it in ribbon, or drawing a design or a message on it!
- Place all the food or items you’ve gathered in the container
- Paste the picture of both of you onto the container; or simply include it with the items inside (be careful not to wrinkle it!)
To finish it off, close the container and tie it up with an old ribbon or string (maybe even include a personal letter?)
Dad jokes, ahoy! A handmade card is a perfect example for an easy yet heartfelt gift that’s sure to tug at your father’s heartstrings. Our customized card also features an egg on the front cover; ready for the many egg-citing puns that’s sure to give him a good laugh!
- Paper (white, yellow, and pink (optional)
- Fold one separate sheet of paper (any color!) in half for the main card
- Outline the shapes you want to cut out onto the colored paper to form the egg (be careful and make sure they fit!)
- Glue them in place, then draw a face on the yolk
- Write a personal message on the inside of the card for your dad; and, if you want to, a fun egg pun on the cover
Do you want to enjoy a refreshing drink with your dad this summer? These homemade cork coasters will be a great addition to your kitchen! Easy to make and long lasting, personalizing them with your dad’s favorite colors will have him thinking of you with every glass!
- Masking Tape
- Ruler (optional)
- Take your cork board and measure the shapes you’d like for your coasters. Here we went with 4 x 4-inched pieces, but go with what works for you!
- Cut the shapes out; then cleanly and tightly apply the masking tape according to the designs you want
- Paint over in your preferred colors
- Once the paint has dried, remove the masking tape, and the designs should come out very easily!
The perfect gift for all of the bookworm dads out there! Plus, with these personalized bookmarks, you can decorate them with their favorite quote or an inside joke! Every time they close a book with this bookmark between the pages, they’ll remember the thoughtfulness you put into it.
- An old sketchbook, folder, board, or construction paper
- Fold the paper into strips, then cut them according to the guide below (here, the strips measure around 2 x 12 in. but you can adjust this according to your preference)!
- Fold the strips crosswise, and if it feels thick enough, continue with the next step (if it doesn’t, try pasting another strip to it!)
- Once the glue has dried, it’s time to design your bookmarks! You could also print out some designs you could write over for your Father’s Day message!
Does your dad love cooking––or, at least, does he love food? Transform an old apron into a customized gift with a message for the number one dad! Keep his clothes safe from food and oil stains, while also reminding him of what a cool dad he is.
- Plain apron––you can shop from our existing R2R aprons here
- Prepare where you’ll be painting; laying out old newspaper, etc. is a good way to stop paint from getting anywhere it shouldn’t be!
- Sketch out the design you want (optional)
Onto the most advanced project on this list: the beaded bracelets! Give your dad a handmade and stylish addition to his wardrobe with this classic project. With the endless beading possibilities, his bracelet will without a doubt be one-of-a-kind!
- Nylon string
- Measuring tape
- Pegs and inspo (optional)
- Measure for wrist size and desired length. The typical bracelet length is 6 to 8 inches; here, we made ours 7.5 inches)
- Cut the nylon string, but remember to leave a generous allowance on both ends (here it is 12 inches)
- Prepare the beads you want to use and have them ready
- Clip one end of the nylon string and bead away (you can follow one of the online pegs, or just go with how you feel!)
- Once you’ve finished, tie the ends securely
Snip the excess string, and you’re done!
Written by Ysabel Ching and Sam Lantin
nice craft idea for fathers day
nice craft idea for fathers day https://kaveesh.com/2021/07/09/best-fathers-day-captions-for-instagram/
Great for Father’s Day gift ideas!!! Good job !! Congratulations 👍👍👍